Information is Power When it Comes to ICE in our Communities
**Important** At this time, Causa and our partners are not aware of any increased ICE actions planned in Oregon related to national reports . Information is power when it comes to ICE in our communities. Here are 5 things to know:
1. Get a Legal Screening and Know your Immigration Options
- The key way to protect yourself is to be informed about your immigration legal options. Use our Legal Help guide to find an attorney or DOJ recognized agency and request a screening today.
2. Know your rights and your neighbors’ rights
- Read about your rights at home, at work, and in your car.
- Watch these videos and practice asserting your rights and your neighbors’.
3. Make a plan
- Download the Notifica app to stay in touch with loved ones.
- Create a family preparedness plan.
4. Document & Verify Activity
- Download the ACLU of Oregon’s Mobile Justice App to document anything you witness.
- If you witness what may be ICE activity first hand, contact the PIRC hotline: 888-622-1510
5. Share Tools, Not Rumors
It is important to recognize that the Trump administration’s goal is to create panic and spread fear and to not help further those goals by spreading alarm or unverified reports of raids. Instead, be prepared and stay informed. Find more tools at oregonimmigrationresource.org